Saturday, January 06, 2007

TALK ABOUT TIMING

I had just settled in for an early sleep when two cell phone text message beeps went off simultaneously. Ever see a gimp jump while prone in bed? That's what I did. One of them was mine. The other was on the TV. There's only one person who could possibly text me on a Friday night and I've been waiting to hear from her for ages. I was also in the throes of a very intense desire to go back to Wales as I had just watched one of my beloved BBC house shows that was set in Wales. It had me reliving that trip, and got me longing to go back. YES, it was a text from Kiri/Cab and she's coming here when her contract in Indonesia is up. Late spring/early summer and I can't hardly wait. I'm pretty sure there's a psychic connection between us. I sent her an email and a text not long ago. I tend to worry about her when I hear about plane or boat crashes over there. I had pretty much decided to call her today, when she texted! I can see Gimp House becoming VA Middle East next year with several of our VA pals making a pilgrimage to visit us. Can't you just see Gimp House as the VA Mecca? I can, and I love the image. Of course the whole point of her coming here is for her to have a place where the only thing she has to do is write. That woman can write like no one I've ever met. She simply hasn't yet had the opportunity to just write without having to make a living. It's so exciting that I can give her a place to do that.
I'm finally beginning to realize that my walking/lurching days are pretty much over. I can barely make it to the bathroom these days. And the computer is getting farther away every day. I'll have to look for a third wheely next week. I need one in the car, one in the flower store and one here. I guess a fourth would be a good idea too-for the door store. I guess I have to restart the battle for an electric one. That would pretty much solve the problem. I'll talk to my wheely guy tomorrow.
On Wednesday I decided to make myself a cup of coffee.
Set the kettle to boil.
Put a cup on the counter.
Opened the coffee jar.
Dumped the spoonful of coffee on the counter next to the cup.
Poured the water into the cup.
Tried to figure out why the "coffee" was clear.
Saw the grains on the counter.
Turned on the light and started over again and got it right.
Need help at home? Who me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'll come over and help. Getting things done and it's getting closer! I can't wait.

Purplegimp said...

At last! A sign of life from Hula's mama and my personal Saviour.Cabsy Malone, aka Kiri/Cab will soon be to the rescue. Rescue from what you ask? Why, from boredom and things worse, says I.