Wednesday, January 03, 2007

IT'S WEDNESDAY

My official day off! Other than have a word or two with *S* and Ophir, the only other plans I have so far are to get a couple of things from the store and cigarettes. I might take the jeep out for a ride later. I like the idea of a day off more than I like actually taking it off. Other than the "thing" with Ophir yesterday not much is happening. He's so young that he still thinks he knows it all, and has no trouble telling you quite emphatically why in a most annoying and condescending way. Then he made the almost fatal mistake of not getting up and going to get me a pack of cigarettes when I asked him. I had to have *S* tell him to do it. I'm not having it. If for no other reason than that I sign his paycheck he should have run right out, not told me to wait until he finished something else. He hasn't noticed yet how *S* treats me. He jumps to pick up anything I drop and just generally spoils me.And not just because I sign the checks. Some people learn by example, some don't. I guess Ophir is one who has to have it spelled out clearly before he catches on. *S* finally caught on to something else about him after I pointed it out. Ophir will argue about anything at all for no good reason and take his argument to ridiculous lengths to make a point. He did it to *S* several times yesterday and we exchanged a nasty grin over it. That lad needs a talking to. So, I'd best get dressed and over there.

No comments: