Monday, January 09, 2006

YOU CAN TRY BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE

It takes a long time to train an orthopod up to my standards. After all, my very first one was an Olympic team doctor, so I'm used to the best. Dr. M. who came up here for years and took care of my knees and shoulder was one of the very best, and still is. He just doesn't come up here any more. The guy who replaced him is also very very good, but, he quit coming up here too. After getting a look at the latest and hearing reactions to him, I decided; have car, will travel. We just got back from seeing the one the new guy replaced.
Orna and I were both in the car and moving at 0800. I found a way to keep my ankle from doing it's 'bendy on the side' trick by putting the plastic brace on with a sock and my bear slippers. It worked like a charm. We started out in a pea soup fog that let up about half way there. We got to the clinic a bit before 1000, after a very minor wrong turn.
He *was* a bit surprised to see me there, but pleased as well. Turns out he stopped coming up here because the clinic's administrator is a first class bitch. He filled out the form, and we chatted for a few minutes. Poor Orna. She's not used to seeing doctors treated like people, not gods. It shocks her every time! That makes him second orthopod the administrator's bitched away. At least I can get to either of my favorites now. I just might go see the other one in Nazareth for the fun of it. We made even better time on the way home, then about 20 minutes away from home, it started raining. We made a quick stop for hummus and pitas, and the skies opened. I'd left a pair of sandals in the car, and while Orna opened the door to Gimp House for me, I put the sandals on. No way was I going from the car to the house in those slippers. Of course I got soaked to the skin, but I'm home now and will snuggle into bed right after we eat, which should be any minute now. I'm as chuffed as can be from our trip today. It's getting easier every time, and I'm just about ready to take on the drive to Tel Aviv.

No comments: