Wednesday, January 11, 2006

STILL WAITING FOR THE STORM

So the weather man promised me a proper storm. So what? It's not like we have a contract that states he has to deliver. It did rain a lot last night but if there was thunder and lightning I missed it. It was still rainy and wet when I woke up, but turned gray and drizzly soon enough. I thought it might be a good idea to take advantage of the lull in the storm (not) and go to the clinic for my blood test results, and to pick up the few things we forgot yesterday. The blood test results were excellent and I can quit the anti cholesterol pills, the anti coagulant and aspirin! We've decided on monthly tests just to keep an eye on the cholesterol levels, but as I really don't eat much of anything with cholesterol, it's just a "to be on the safe side" thing. Docs here have a tendency to over medicate, but I'm lucky to have one who doesn't.
I got the stuff we forgot yesterday and sat outside with Orna and Danny until it got too cold, came in and took all the meat off the turkey bones. Orna came in and cut up the veggies for the turkey soup.
I was just lolling in bed when the cell phone I rarely use rang. It took a few minutes for me to be sure..............but it was indeed...................Teadrinker. Hmmm, wonder what brought that on? She said she stopped talking to me for no real reason she can explain, she just did. That's nice. I just hope she doesn't think we're going right back to the good old ways when she'd call and yammer on for hours and never let me get a word in. It was pretty much like that today, but, I'm not in any kind of mood to let it go on. I've been through the wringer since September and she didn't want to hear about any of it. And here I was moaning about how much I missed her. We'll just see how it goes. Speaking of going, that's what I about to do, go to bed.

No comments: