Thursday, January 05, 2006

SOMETHING FEELS FAMILIAR

It wasn't that long ago that I went through pretty much the same medical scenario with The Philmore as we are going through with Ariel Sharon. A bad intercranial bleed, brain surgery, anesthetized 'recovery' in neurological ICU and endless waiting. No one is talking about any kind of recovery for Sharon, and I know that *he* has already left us and gone to his beloved Lily. The rest of the world will find out when they try to take him off the machines. This is yet another of those times when I wish I didn't see people leave. It makes me feel ghoulish. Much as I wanted the man out of office, this wasn't the way I would have chosen for him to leave. More of this (much more) at A Gimp's View....
Orna got a late start today, but I managed to get up early after a sleepless night and get myself to the clinic on time for a blood test and the heart echo thingy. I'm getting much better with the car too. I actually managed to get into a crip space, in reverse, thanks to the new steering wheel ball. The other one is just fine for cars with power steering, but this one is fantastic and turns non power steering into almost power assist. After the echo, I sent Orna to get some cash from the ATM so I'd have cash to buy the cough medicine I realized I need last night. It wasn't just Sharon that kept me up, it was also the cough. While I was getting drained of blood(there was a minute when she was filling the 5th test tube that I actually thought I'd run out!), Orna got the prescription. I took her straight home and went to get Kiri Four Wheels lights wired to the switch. They are only wired for turning off, I have to turn them on. KFW came through the surgery with flying colors. Then all hell broke lose when I got home and I discovered that I've lost one set of keys. Orna, Danny, and I looked everywhere and they were no where to be found. I can only hope and pray that I lost them (in spite of my foolproof system) in Carmiel. I went back to every place I've been this week in town, but no luck. I'll have to find out how much it costs to get the door locks changed. If the keys won't get them (the potential thieves) into the car, they'll have to break a window and I'll hear that. I'll call around tomorrow.
I got the concocted picture of Mom and Dad done and ready to send to The Jeffey. I'll mail it tomorrow.
Yogi came by for a few minutes and made my day. He said that I'm looking better than he's seen me in a long time, and that I'm losing weight. I am, but not as much as I'd like, and I must admit that I look better than I thought I would in one of the sweat suits I bought in Carmiel. The other one doesn't really fit so I might exchange it on Monday when we come back from my sawbones. If I want him to keep on being my sawbones, I have to go to the Haifa suburbs. Couldn't have timed buying a car better if I tried. I've got him all trained up and the new one here is a jerk. At least 6 patients complained about him today, so I decided to give him a pass and travel to my guy.

No comments: