Tuesday, January 03, 2006

ATTACK OF THE ONION SKINS

I was attacked by onion skins this morning and suffered a resounding defeat. I have a metal hanging basket in the kitchen for onions and stuff. I bumped it with my head while making coffee and was promptly punished with a shower of onion skins. One fell out of my hair all by itself. Orna had to remove several others before she'd let me go into town. Another one just floated down and I haven't been in the kitchen since the first surprise attack. I figure it's Gimp 0-onion skins 6. I lost.
When I got back from my quick trip to town, Orna and I left to go to Carmiel to look for purple sweats for my trip to England. This after I checked ALL the local stores in vain. We found lots of purple, and I promptly bought a whole collection. We then went to a supermarket to look for American stuff, but they didn't have any, so we had lunch at KFC and I brought home a bucket of nuggets. When we got to the car we discovered that a certain idiot gimp who we all know and love (to laugh at) had forgotten to turn off the head lights which are required by law for driving out of town, and as result, Kiri Four Wheels wouldn't start. Not knowing whether to laugh or cry, I went for option 3 and called Achy, who promptly called a friend who wasn't available. Orna, showing great initiative, stopped a guy in a pick up truck and asked if maybe he had jumper cables? He did, and we were on our way 10 minutes later. I cursed my stupidity all the way home and promptly forgot to turn the lights off yet again. Achy, with perfect timing called just as I was about to stagger into the house and call him to let him know we'd arrived safely. Just after I got settled in PJs and a robe, Sonya knocked to tell me I'd left the lights on, yet again. I gave her the keys and she turned them off. Tomorrow I will get the lights wired to the switch so I can't forget to turn them off even if I want to.
Danny and Orna just left after sorting the new monitor. Minor problem. The electric cable that came with it doesn't fit the electric fail safe thingy, so I'll have to get that sorted tomorrow. We also discovered the reason my HP printer doesn't work. It wasn't plugged into the computer!!! So, I'll take the new one back and maybe upgrade to a printer with a fax. I'll see how much I have to add.
It's amazing how much room there is on this tiny table now. These skinny anorexic monitors are great.
I think I'll stop for now, and go read the monitor rule book.

No comments: