Tuesday, January 03, 2006

GETTING THINGS DONE IN SPITE OF MYSELF

Some things, that is. I still have to get the new monitor and printer sorted, but the Social Security stuff is well in hand. I only need a photocopy or two, then I can send in the forms. I was sort of hoping to be able to copy the things myself, but as the printer isn't installed yet, I'll get it done in town. It's not that big a deal, and I do want to get moving on that stuff. Ultimately the forms I'll hand in today will mean an extra 2000 or so a month. The tricky part is when they get to stage when a nurse and social worker get sent to verify the info on the forms. I also have to get a move on with the housing authority to get some walls taken out so I can get in the kitchen with the wheely. The problem with doing that is the physical getting there. The office is at the end of a long corridor and is just to far for me to hobble and the whole car thing comes into play. There's no place to park, and the car's wheely is in the trunk (boot) and I can't get it out, so even if I found a place to park, I'm stuck in the car!
Hah! A solution. I'll take Orna, and we'll go to Carmiel straight from there. How easy is that?
It seems all I do lately is moan and groan about inconsequential things, when I'm really quite happy. There are so many things to be happy and thankful about. I survived a pretty nasty heart attack, have a car, my beloved Gimp House, more purple things than anyone could need or want, enough money to do pretty much what I want and to help others, a great, loving, dog, a fantastic brother, and good friends. What else does a person need? So I get tired and it takes longer to get things done. So what? They eventually get done.
And on that note, it's time to call Orna and get today started.

No comments: