Saturday, January 07, 2006

LAZY SATURDAY

The day started off mostly sunny, but turned cloudy and windy, and about an hour after Orna did some 'shopping' in my pantry the heavens opened and we had a mini storm with torrential rain and high winds. Oddly enough it hasn't gotten cold enough to turn on the heater and I'm sitting here in my jammies without even a robe and I'm not cold. I ended up spending most of the day in bed watching TV between catching news flashes and thinking about Sharon. I still think that he won't be able to recover, but, we are in Israel and anything is possible. This whole thing is so draining, and if I feel like this, what must his sons be going through? My heart goes out to them, but I do wonder how Omri is handling the fact that his imminent sentencing most likely contributed to his father's condition. There must be some pretty heavy guilt there, or he's inhuman. I don't much like the guy, but I do feel sorry for him having saddled himself with this burden. Of course Sharon himself was facing a renewed investigation as a result of new information from Austria and that certainly played a role in this. If anyone knows what stress can do to a body, it's me. I find myself doing all kinds of stress reducing things most of the day. In fact, I have to get to bed now. I feel really odd. And I do not, repeat, do not want to go to hospital. This whole Sharon thing brings back The Philmore, and it's just too much.

No comments: