Monday, January 16, 2006

WHO DO YOU TALK TO ABOUT CHANGING THE NAME OF A DAY?

No, I haven't lost my mind, but I'm pretty close to it. I don't want to change the names of the day's in Hebrew, just in English. The reason is frighteningly logical, (almost) This is the third Monday in a row that's pea soup fog outside. I can barely see the building across the footpath and Peg is blending in much too well. So, could we maybe call 'Mon'day 'Fog'day instead?
It was feezing cold in here last night and I was tired from spending so much time outside, I just hunkered down in bed. There's no kerosene and I'm cash poor with maxed out credit cards, and a broken a/c. I still have the electrickery heaters from pre a/c days, but was too tired to try and drag one of them out of the spare room. I finally gave in around 2100 and got one into my room. It wasn't easy and I almost fell over a few times, but I did it and the room heated up nicely in next to no time. I'll probably be yelled at by Orna and/or Danny, but they have enough going on there with everyone sitting Shiva at their house.
My computer is misbehaving just enough to make me suspect a nasty of some kind found it's way in. I'm not really in the mood to do another reformat/install, for several reasons. 1) Gerald still has my legal O.S. disk and I can't pay him the ransome(what I owe him from last time) quite yet. 2) I still have nighmare like memories of the last time I did it myself.and 3) It just takes too darn much time, and I'm not sure I can sit here that long.
I can probably nurse it along for enough time to get to a point where I can get Gerald over, but this new insanity of Yahoo bouncing all my group mail is almost as annoying as the bank bouncing checks. Luckily the latter hasn't happened lately, and won't in the foreseeable future. It's just a pain in the butt and annoying as hell. Reactivating my account there every other day is a royal pain, but, one I'll just have to live with for now.
There's a very brave (stupid) cat sitting on the retaining wall across the footpath taunting Peg. I hope she doesn't get too bold and go too close to him. The only thing he thinks cats are good for is tearing them apart. Granted, he hasn't done that in years now, but I don't trust him as far as I can walk around cats. It might be a good idea to bring him in and drag the heater over here.
Oi, the sun is out, the fog is gone, must be time to get on with things. (don' cancel the day name change quite yet!)

No comments: