Tuesday, January 10, 2006

FLAT TIRE SYNDROME

It never fails. Every time I buy a car, I end up buying new tires all around with in the first two months. I was starting to get concerned that I hadn't had the first flat yet, the I saw the rear left tire when I came home from the butcher; flat as can be. Luckily, Golan, a neighbor was here and figured out how to get the spare on. This *is* a Citroen we're talking about here. I swear, the French get their revenge on the rest of the world through their cars. They hide the spare under the rear of the car and put the jack there too. The hydraulics make putting the new tire on a challenge as well. We finally got the spare on and took the car to Harley's tire guys who changed the two rear ones, and put the spare back. I have a sick feeling that the rear right isn't going to give it's flat a pass and there'll be another new one on there before long. The front tires are both new and I'm not expecting them to be any better. It's just the way things are. I have never bought a car and not changed all four tires within two months of buying it. Why should this one be any different?
From the tire guy we went to fill up the tank, then to the grocery store. One of Orna and Danny's kids showed up and started adding things to the cart. I put a stop to that PDQ and we both now have enough to eat for at least two weeks. They have enough from from my butcher to last almost the whole month at 1/4 of what they paid their butcher last month. All she has to do is make lots of casseroles and from scratch hamburger helper recipes. When you're in the financial situation they're in you just can't allow yourself to eat as if there were millions in the bank. I had more than a few periods when the cupboard was bare and had to tell the kids. This is it, eat it or don't. No way to cater to spoiled kids if there's no money to pay for it. I am certainly not going to indulge someone else's spoiled kids. I WILL keep them from starving, but I will not buy expensive things because they turn their noses up at cheaper alternatives.
We got all the groceries put away and Orna will be back soon to stuff the turkey (no special reason, I just want one) and cut up some munchin' veggies for me. I have one or two more things to do here, then, into bed. I'm knackered, and I didn't do much today!

No comments: