Saturday, January 07, 2006

MUSINGS OF WEIRDITY

Like many people here, I can't stay away from the news coverage of Sharon. Until quite late last night all the Israeli channels were having live coverage, so I could indulge my addiction to news. When they figured out that nothing much was going to happen until Sunday(unless he does a Philmore and checks out on his own), they went back to regularly scheduled programming. We are a nation holding it's breath, and I'm feeling oddly alone. I love living alone, and for the most part prefer having Gimp House to myself, but something about this has made me wish there was someone here to share it with. Not just any someone, but The Someone. That is most odd for me. It's not at all that bereft feeling of loneliness, it's just an odd yearning to have someone to share this with. Neighbors and phone calls don't quite cut it. Having Teadrinker mad at me doesn't help as she is one of the few people who are a mental challenge to me and I miss her. Crying over spilt tea won't help. There are three men from way back that I would love to have here right now, but that's not going to happen. One is dead, another is in Jerusalem, and I don't where the other one is, and it doesn't matter in any event because, well, just because. What was, was, and the reasons for the break up with each of them haven't changed.
It's supposed to start raining later today and continue on and off all week. Lucky for me that the only thing I have to go out for is to see the sawbones on Monday. I'll just get the heater lit and spend as much time as I can at the computer studying the "How To Drive On The Wrong Side Of The Road In England" sites, and concocting another picture of my parents from two!

No comments: