Monday, July 04, 2005

BACK AT LAST

At this point, I'm not sure exactly which day it was that Gerald took the computer away to sort it's insane behavior,but I know when it came home, after a thorough cleaning of viral material. There was a knock on the door yesterday and a tired looking lad hauled it in and deposited it on it's bricks. The mousie decided not to work so I just turned it off and grabbed a book and the TV remote. Child Genius wandered in this afternoon and connected everything except the video stuff and here we are almost sorted. For some reason, purple looks brown. Must figure it out. There we go. Today was a bit nuts. I started that savings account 6 months ago knowing it would be a giant step on the road to financial health, and that I'd get the loan it entitled me to at the start of July. I had a bit of trouble convincing the boss of my money at the bank (Mordy) that he really did want to approve it. Yes, of course he approved it in the end, and wrote the approval out for Tikva who was supposed to do the paperwork on it. I went in today to sign the loan papers only to find out that it could only be done at the end of THIS month. Grrr. I rolled out and decided to get a new black keyboard and mousie, and my brain kicked into gear on the way. What to do? If I don't get the money in my account NOW, I'm going down in flames, and no Holland. What to do? What to do? Aha! Convince Mordy that he really wants to do is give me a bridging loan for a month. YES!! He agreed, so I am now the happy smiley owner of a black keyboard that is very comfortable to use, a new mousie and a bunch of CDs and CD cases, not to mention a bank account in pretty good shape! And I got this to type in the correct color. Yup, life is pretty good.
The only thing I can really complain about is that the video rig on the computer isn't up and running yet, and The A Team and Highlander are back on AXN from the first episodes as is Highlander. I'll get that sorted tomorrow. Ah, heaven. A Team 4 times a day if I want. 0800 AXN 1000 Star World 1200 AXN and 1700 AXN. I've already overdosed on Mexican Slayride, the first episode, which I adore.
It's catch up time now. On June 27 I rented a car to go to a wedding at Megiddo and promptly lost a 3 way battle for the same piece of road. Coming home from the rental place I had to go by 2 schools that always have cars parked on both sides of the street. Some jerk who had just parked opened the driver's door just as huge truck was coming along. So as not to rip the door off the jerk's car, the truck swerved a bit a towards me, and so as not to plow into the truck head on , I swerved a bit to the right and and bunged the mirror on the passenger side into a huge green garbage dumpster. The mirror disintegrated, but I got away from the truck. I enjoyed driving again and other than that had no trouble. The wedding was lovely and it was fun seeing all the folks from Tiberius and Nazareth. The next day I decided to see how it was using the car for errands as I'd paid for 2 days. I left the chair in the trunk and went to the clinic to get my bandage changed. The guard at the entrance helped me get the chair out and I ran into a neighbor who pushed me into the clinic. I really can't make the thing go myself. Then I somehow got down to the floor my bank is on and got some cash for the petrol I'd have to put in the car before returning it the next day. Back up to the top floor, cigarette break and this time we needed help getting the chair back in the boot. Home, rest, TV and next morning off to get petrol and return the car. The mirror cost 525 because the electric that moves it got busted by the dumpster, (sigh) But, ok, it might have been an expensive trial, but I *can* still drive. This is good. And I am feeling up to taking on the British roads in September.
I've been here sorting the computer since about 1500 and it's 2120 now and my back is screaming, so I think I'll finish this update tomorrow with the tale of the telephones. 'Gnight

No comments: