Monday, July 18, 2005

EEMA RIVKA

I've adored Eema Rivka since the day I met her at the Great Gimp Demonstration Of 1999 in Jerusalem. I spearheaded that takeover of the Treasury building and she was in charge of the kitchen along with Eema Levanna. Something just clicked between us and we've been buddies ever since! Why is it that people who are in a miserable relationship can't accept that some of us can be quite happy on our own and have to push us into relationships too? It's not like they want us to be as happy as they are, because they are not happy at all. Misery loves company? We had a long chat last night and again she brought up the *forbidden topic* of why I refuse to even consider getting involved with a guy. I hate explaining it to her because I think it makes me sound more than a bit arrogant. After my disastrous marriage and the two relationships after that, I'm just not interested in another involvement. This is the arrogant part....It's not easy to find someone who can keep me challenged mentally; not after Gabby and Mark. It's not that I'm so bright, or that men are stupid, it's just that I need more of a challenge than I've found with anyone since Mark, who ended up blowing his brains out. That's usually the point when Eema Rivka starts with "but I'm not smart" and I have to explain that she actually is, but that's not the issue. The issue is men, and the litmus test for them is different to the one for my woman pals. One of my best friends is about as dumb as you can get and still be alive. She also has a heart of solid gold. Of course my last woman friend of great intelligence quit talking to me reasons I have yet to understand. We were on the same mental wavelength and often had idiotic arguments about who was brighter. As she just quit talking to me one fine day for reasons known only to her, I guess I was right and she is the smarter as I can't figure out the reason.
I was talking to Eema Rivka about the coming operation and she informed me that she is coming up to deliver me to the chop shop, take me home after and then, spoil me rotten for a few days. We both know that she's doing it because my ex daughter, who should do that herself, won't. Bless Eema Rivka. The battles between her and Orna should be fun to watch.
I read the hospital approval form from top to bottom and discovered that it's only for the hammer toes, but who wants to bet against me that The Toe goes too?
The Sore has taken a turn for the worse and I'm nervous that a minor infection that close to the op site might cause trouble. I decided to go back to a treatment we used before the present one. The previous one was working, but the nurse decided the sore looked better so we stopped it and it immediately got worse. Dr. Yuri agreed with me and the change was made! As Orna was waiting for me to take her shopping (out of money and not a thing to eat in her house, I skipped getting the X Ray form redated and decided to do it tomorrow. No rush as the sawbones won't be here before Friday. I'll do all that tomorrow and go to the butcher as well. I got a late start because of The A Team. I simply can not miss and episode. That worked out well because my new crutches arrived. It took the three of us to sort them; me, Orna and Danny. One of them has a very narrow cuff and my right forearm doesn't go in. We simply switched the bottom and put my old top in. The other cuff is fine and after we figured out how to adjust the length, I had two crutches. Of course I can only use the one because my left shoulder is a train wreck. Hells, my whole body is a train wreck!
Gerald finally caught up with me today and with any luck the Great Tape To Disk Project will be back on track tomorrow. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my font color back.

No comments: