Wednesday, July 13, 2005

MOVIE REMAKES

Why does Hollyweird have to remake movies? I have yet to see one that comes to being as good as the original. An added issue is that, often so many years have gone by since seeing the original, it's often difficult to pin point what exactly was different about the remake. The Harvey remake with Harry Anderson wasn't as bad as some. It actually seems to be the same script and Anderson is quite good, but still can't match Stewart's performance. No one can.
Bye Bye Birdie is another example that shows exactly what I mean. In the remake they changed the story. The original was so much better.
This tirade against remakes was sparked by Babes In Toyland. I saw the remake the other day and while I don't have total recall of the original, I *do* know that the new unimproved remake was way off the mark.
Why oh why do they feel the need to remake what was great to start with, and change things that don't need changing? Never mind the BSG re make, which was a disaster, as well as Charlie's Angels. And now the Dukes Of Hazzard County will soon be coming our way to ruin our memories of a fun TV series. Who needs it? I don't. G-d help them if they try to remake The A Team. Actually I don't much care because I have ALL the original uncut episodes on tape as well as the scripts. It's the sacrilegious aspect of taking something that just fine the first and trying to cash in on the original success by redoing it. I *do* wish they would just leave well enough alone.
I think I'm going to stay in today. I'll do my contortion trick and change the bandage myself and spend the rest of the day trying to straighten myself out from pretzel shaped gimp. Gerald might show up today to connect the rest of the stuff to the computer and there's no reason to go out.
Rivka messengered me this morning before my first sip of coffee even to announce that she has diarrhea. Methinks she's trying to tell me she won't be coming this weekend. A dose of Metamucil, know as Psillium here will take care of that.
This might be a good time to straighten up the mess that is this corner of the house, and sort through the disks Gerald will need.

No comments: