Monday, July 11, 2005

HOT HOT HOT

Ok, so it's going to be a scorcher today, close to 100 F, but inside it will be nice and cool. These are the days I say "To hells with the electrickery bill. Need cool" Of course the heat won't stop me from going out. I have a thing or two to do out today, then back home to the frigid interior of Gimp House. Rivka might come up today for a few days. I hope so. it's always fun to have her here. I'll call her before I go out to get my bandage changed to see if I have to go shopping and what to get.
The computer did a few odd things yesterday. When I came over to check mail, I'd no sooner touched the mouse when it decided to shut down and a notice came up that there was another user logged in and if I shut down, the other user's unsaved stuff would be lost. You guessed it, I shut it right down. This must be investigated and I think I'm going to start using a password for my own access. Must get a hold of Gerald today. It also did an odd thing when I ran Norton;I still don't like or trust Norton, but, I did promise to give it a fair chance. I ran the update that day and after it ran and restarted as per directions, it said to run to update again, then again, then it gave a notice that there's a corrupt file. I not only don't understand Norton, I don't like it. I have it set now to run every day at 0800 and run the other 2 things every other day. This security crap takes so much of the fun out wwwing. Why are there so many jerks out there who enjoy ruining things for us? Right, time to get out of here before the heat climbs too high.

No comments: