Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hmmmmm

I made a most interesting discovery the other day, no, make that two. The first was that if you want to look for something on the www, it helps to connect to the www first. I made this discovery the other day when I was looking for my bank's site and all that would come up was my IP's home page. After a few more attempts and several choice curses, I figured out that I was getting nowhere fast for the simple reason that I'd forgotten to connect!
The next discovery was that Harley Too won't go unless he's disconnected from his charger. I'll skip the detailed description of how stupid I felt immediately after both discoveries.
On the day to day home front, there's not much to tell. I'm sleepy all the time, but still stay up late, but have been getting up in the middle of the night;around 0700. This usually gets me to the clinic nice and early and home in time for Star World's A Team episode. Today was an exception. Yesterday I decided that the new digibox is worse than the one it replaced and called Cable to ask if maybe they have one that will work 24/7/365 without going all wonky after a week of nonstop functioning. The gal said she'd send a techie today at 1300. He called at 0915 and asked if it was ok to come. Sure, and he was in and out by 1000.
Maybe I shouldn't complain, but do they go out of their way to hire people who can't tell time or figure out a calendar? The phone guy did the same thing. He was supposed to come on the Sunday after 1300, but showed up on the Friday at 1030. That kind of thing does make me wonder.
While at the clinic getting my bandage changed, I asked if my blood test results were back; they were and all is well in that department, including cholesterol which my doc tells me is more a function of stress than saturated fats! Must check that out. He also said that he wishes his cholesterol was as low as mine. Ok, I cheat and drink olive oil out of the bottle daily!! The pressure sore is better, but I'm concerned about keeping it gone if it ever goes away. There's not much that can be done about the cause until a cure can be found for drop foot. Thursday and my appointment with Dr. Sawbones is almost here so we'll have a chat on the subject. I'd also like to get rid of the hammer toe thing. It's only the last 3 toes of my left foot, but a major irritant non the less. And big toe gotta go.
Rivka is coming up on Friday or Saturday for a few days. That should be fun and she'll be here long enough for me to get her addicted to The A Team. We might even go to Nazareth one day so I get Dwight's pressies.

No comments: