Saturday, July 09, 2005

INTERESTING EVENING

It was quite a crowd at Orna and Danny's last night for Shabbat dinner. Orly and Hain and their two girls were there too as one of Morris's(Danny's brother) daughters. For once it was relatively peaceful as the girls didn't immediately get into the usual loud argument about who would clear the table/wash the dishes/do the pots and the usually Friday evening bickering. It was very pleasant. After dinner we all sat out on the back porch and planned today's expedition to The Jordan River. I really want to go but am now having second thoughts because it's a rough ride out there and my back is not happy just at the thought of it. Maybe I should give it a pass, but it's so lovely out there......
Poor Haim, he made the mistake of trying to sell me the CNN/liberal party line on Bush. It is infuriating that the news stations here are little more than Hebrew outlets for CNN and do absolutely no independent investigative reporting. Bush got the US into Iraq for the oil. Period. It must be true, that's what they say in the press. It really is too much. If an Israeli really wants to know what's going on they need to work at it and not be satisfied with the one sided reports from liberal sources only. They still think Clinton was great, and have no comprehension of the insane pro Arab machinations of the US State Department, and how hard, nay, impossible it is to get around the entrenched ideology there. It is simply assumed that because State is so pro Arab and the Arabs have the oil that by extension, Bush is pro Arab/oil and that explains everything. It looks like Haim is in need of The Gimp's Crash Course In American Political Insanity And The Effects Of One Sided Anti Bush Reporting.
My back started screaming that it wanted to come home at around 2100, so I indulged it and decided to start a thorough search for my missing e mail address book. I found it and got it in it's proper place. Computer is running much better, but there are still a few oddities that I'll have to talk to Gerald about later. I also NEED to get the video/tv stuff sorted, but for now, I think it might be nap time. I was up until my usual Friday night bed time of 0300 and got up at 0730 when Peg decided it was time for him to go out. I'm sleepy, and just about decided not to go to the Jordan. Maybe I'll give them a call around 1500 and if they are still there, head out. We'll see. But now, it's nap time.

No comments: