Thursday, July 21, 2005

SONYA AND WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH KIDS TODAY

It's not bad enough that my neighbor Danny has a drug addict brother living in the apartment over his, he has an insane sister, Sonya, who moved back to apartment over Orna and Danny's yesterday with her two kids. The smart money says there'll be a murder up there yet.
It is a fairly well known fact that I detest kids, specifically kids whose parents indulge their own kids at other kid's expense. It's a major miracle that I didn't land myself in the slammer last night, bloody toes and all. Eema Rivka, David, and his sister arrived just as A Team was ending. I had spent the whole day racing around town getting everything we needed for the BBQ, and it was all ready and waiting at Orna's. As dark settled over us, Eema Rivka and I went down to Orna and Danny's yard. Hofit and Daniella were all excited about dancing for us, and all the invited guests were there. Sonya decided that she and her genetic accidents must have been invited by default. Not so. Things were going along just fine until the girls started dancing. Sonya's girl decided that she wanted a dancing outfit too, and Sonya told Daniella to hand hers over. All the while Sonya's brat was throwing a tantrum. I lost it and lit into her, she started cussing me out. At the point where I almost sent her on an unscheduled flight, I decided it was time to cut out. I rolled myself out there and was home in record time. She and her monsters were banished and I was rolled back to my party. Sonya, not able to leave well enough alone launched another verbal attack from the window and threw something at me. Lucky for her I didn't see what it was. Later she came back out and screamed in my ear while I was studiously ignoring her.
Ok, the party was in Orna and Danny's yard for convenience. They have the grill and tables out there, but it was *MY* party and I'll invite who I want. It is a well known fact that I hate kids and for the most part the neighborhood kids leave me alone. Not Sonya and her brood. I have no problem with Orna, Danny, Orly and Haim's kids as they know how to behave and know that if they throw a fit, it's straight to bed. Where does Sonya get off crashing my party, then demanding that one of my guests relinquish her dancing outfit to her kid? I don't think so. This is going to be a long hot summer. All I want is quiet and no kids. I just hope that Sonya figures out that giving me a wide berth is best for all concerned.
Other than my tantrum it was a great night! Eema Rivka, David and his sister had a good time and stayed until midnight, which is really late for them.
I think it's time to take a shower, watch Star World's A Team episode, get my bandage changed and do a few other errands. We are all going to Yechiya's grandson's wedding tonight. While looking for something for Orna wear, I found a nice pantsuit that I forgot I had. Pants are much more comfortable than a dress! Ok, I'm out of here.

No comments: