Wednesday, June 22, 2005

MY LIFE IS A TV SCHEDULE

Yes, I know I have *all* The A Team episodes on tape and even a couple on VCDs, but there seems to be some kind of law that can not be broken in my head that will not allow me to miss an ep when it's on TV. That totally screws up my day as TAT is on Star World at 1000 which means I don't get out until 1100 and by then it's really really hot. Maybe I'll get around it when AXN brings them back at 1700 on 3 July along with my beloved Sorbo guy as Hercules AND Adrian Paul as The Highlander. TV is looking better than ever for the summer. Hey! It's called entertainment for a reason and I pay enough for cable, so let the entertainment begin. It's fun, and a fair amount of the humor in those shows is actually very sophisticated. I love it. So there.
I just got wheeled home from a very nice BBQ at Danny and Orna's. There were wings, chicken legs, hearts, and my steak. I'm the only inveterate carnivore around and I picked up a great steak at the shop today. There's another one for tomorrow and five in the freezer just in case.
Orna was supposed to give me 100 of the 190 she owes me for a pair of shoes I put on my Visa for her, but didn't. I'm getting nervous bout the remaining 200 for the car I've rented for the wedding on the 27th, but I'll figure it out by then. Renting a car is a lot cheaper than taking a taxi, so not as extravagant as it sounds and Etti and Yaakov's son doesn't get married every day. I still have nightmares about their oldest son's wedding. I took a bus to Haifa and a train to Binyamina and waited for ages to be rescued from the train station by Etti's brother, who took me as far as Tiberius where I again waited forever (or so it seemed) for the last bus up here. That was pre gimp. No way am I going on another such adventure. A rented car for me this time! And Orna's going with me to manage the chair. I'm quite excited about as I haven't seen "the family" for years and they were my family back when we lived in Nazareth Elite. And it's only a week from yesterday. I'm almost counting the hours!

No comments: