Sunday, June 05, 2005

THINGS COULD BE BETTER THINGS COULD BE WORSE

Ok, so no one promised me a rose garden, but is it too much to ask for a break between battles? I swear I'm going to bash the next the idiot who tries to tell me that there's something wrong with the electrickery for the fridge. Not possible. The baby freezer, and the micro wave are both plugged into that socket and are working just fine at the same time. I don't unplug the freezer when I want to nuke something. The only appliance that doesn't work is the fridge. If I plug the fridge in and it blows the breakers, it ain't the 'lectrickery, duh, it's the freaking fridge!!! DUH. Don't need a doctorate in advanced rocket science to figure that out.
I just might have found a way out of this mess. That jerk Albilia who owes me almost 30,000 shekels can just give me the exact fridge I want and I'll reduce his debt by that amount. I gave instructions to that effect to my lawyer today, and he'll run it by Albilia tomorrow. To make things better here, I'll get Danny in to break down the wall between the kitchen and door, then the fridge can go in the nook where the bamboo bookcase was. That way I'll be able to get in the kitchen with my wheelchair. I'm actually feeling pretty good about having come up with those solutions, but am somewhat skeptical about pulling them off. Maybe for once things will go my way?
I've spent the last few days buried in papers while looking for much needed things for our version of Social Security. They remain elusive and I'll have to go there in person to get copies unless a miracle happens. Don't hold your breath, I'm not holding mine.
I have to go to a wedding on the 27th and it looks like the only way I'll get there is to rent a car. My license stipulates automatic gear and a pommel on the steering wheel. The former is no problem, the latter might be. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm too hot and bothered to mess with it now by phone and one of the car rental places in town knows me well and just might let me have a car even without the pommel!? I've driven both ways and it's actually easier without. We'll see.

No comments: