Monday, June 06, 2005

THERE ARE MOMENTS

I did the most amazingly stupid thing. I've been obsessing about the state of my bank account lately and running the figures daily and having quiet hysterics. Last night I realized that I was forgetting to figure my monthly disability payment into the mess. How dumb is that? I'll be well and truly in the green on 01.07!!! Not just overall when figuring in savings accounts, but no more on the brink of financial disaster. That was one of my more stupid goofs in figuring. Now I just have to decide if I want to bust 4000 out of savings to get my account permanently out of the authorized overdraught zone. I'm leaning towards doing that, now that I've gotten monthly outgoings to several hundred less than my disability!! I'm even considering turning on the a/c, but not quite yet. It's been very hot lately but, I've managed with the small fan so far. Then there's the judgment against Albilia to figure in tentatively. I rather doubt he'll pay it one go, nice as that would be. If he goes for the deal on the fridge, that will be sorted too. I'm feeling quite chuffed and chipper this morning all told. This time it is well and truly over.
My neighbor called a pal of his to come fix the fridge this morning and said pal was supposed to be here at 0700. It's now 0740 and no sign of him yet. I'm *so* glad I got up in the middle of the night to be awake (after coffee) by the time he arrived. (not) I'm going on 3 weeks without the fridge, and I figure I can last until my bank account is sorted, at which time I'll be able to buy the fridge I want. Of course it would be nice if this one would chug along until then. I *do* prefer cold cukes and peppers, but can survive quite nicely as things are. On the off chance that Albilia refuses my deal, I'll go looking to see who can give me the best deal on that fridge. There are 4 stores other than Albilia I can get it from and they are not thieves/con artists. Oh yes, things are definitely looking up. Woohoo. The fridge fix it guy just came and there is hope that it might live until I can get a new one. Turns out the freaking thing is Turkish. Should have known, but the company is Italian, they manufacture the dratted things in Turkey-#2 on my boycott list, right after Germany. Well, we'll know soon enough if it will chug along for another couple of months!!

No comments: