Saturday, June 11, 2005

OF PROPELLERS AND STUFF

The Danny and Yechiya traveling road show showed up yesterday to install my 'propeller' and I so wish I'd had a video camera to record the goings on. It was great fun and now my ceiling fan is happily whirling away. It will save me many shekels in a/c operating costs, and it looks quite nice, and not a wobble in sight. I've decided to leave the one in the living room as is because I like the way it looks and I rarely use the livingroom, so it's no big deal. The a/c in the *liberry* covers the computer corner and is much cheaper to run, so, I'll just use that one when it gets too hot here.
Now that I understand that my walking/lurching days are just about over and that standing in the kitchen to do more than cut up a few veggies is beyond me, I'll be heading for Danny and Orna's for Friday nights. I missed that while I was mad at them. Of course I only go there if I contributed most of the ingredients. Last night was the first time in ages and it was like I'd never not been going. It was not only fun, but yummy. I can't wait til next Friday!
I am giving serious thought about going to Holland for the weekend Dwight and Dirk will be there together. Seems Leia is too. Maybe we'll shift the Noncon there instead of having it the next month at Heathrow. Considering that I'm on pretty good terms with Dwight, we just might get the two of them to drop by for a bit to our private party? Never know with that lot, and I would love to give Dirk a copy of my cookbook and get his signature on the cover of my copy. We shall see. I'm going to look at hotels in Utrecht and see what I can come up with.
Odd odder and oddest. The phone rang at 0659 this morning and by the time I answered, no one was there. A quick glance at caller ID when I surfaced at around 0900 showed Irit's number. I wonder what that was about. I know that if I call to ask she'll say it was Romi playing with the phone, so I'll not be calling to ask. SHE will have to swallow it and call herself. Of course she could be wondering if I'll be making *the cheese pie* for Shavuot and hoping I'll let her have some if they come to visit. She LOVES that pie, and yes, I *am* making a couple-already have the ingredients! I will be ever so gracious if they do come, and with any luck, Orna will find a few minutes to toss a bucket of water and do the floors, which are in pretty good shape except for my room where propeller installment drilling went on. I'm not holding my breath, but I *will* be ready just in case. It's not so much that miss her/them, but, she *is* my kid, and it does hurt to realize that both are so alienated. The other one is a total loss and I really have no interest in them, but Irit is a different story completely. I never would have made it back after my stroke if not for her. The day we had the raging fight a few months after I escaped from rehab was the milestone that got me out of my somewhat suicidal funk, and back to myself. I really should have a heart to heart with her if and/or when she ever shows up here. Yup-that's a plan!

No comments: