Wednesday, June 01, 2005

CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP

It's just too insane. Yeah, I decided not to even think about getting a new fridge, but I did intend to get this one repaired in the hope of keeping it going for at least another year. What I didn't take into account was that we are at the start of the air conditioner season and all the fridge fixers are also a/c installers. How stupid of me. I *did* clean everything out of the fridge and get it all out of here before things got too stinky. It's also a big plus that I'm lactose intolerant so dairy products aren't an issue. AND I have the little freezer, AND the veggies I like keep outside for two days AND I can freeze individual sized servings of other stuff, so, it's not as bad as it could be. How on earth did people live before 'lecticky fridges were invented?
This staying in to wait for the fixer guy is driving me nuts. I call him in the morning and he says, "later, if things let up" and I just stay in hoping. No matter what, I'm going out tomorrow. Both cell numbers are on the door, so....
I'm also not thrilled with Danny, the neighbor who is making my patio. The bricks were delivered 3 weeks ago and aside from throwing some sand around, no progress has been made. Everyday he says, "Tomorrow" then goes fishing. I think we are going to have a wee chat tomorrow, even if I have to go to his fishing spot on the Jordan! Of course I know where it is and can get there on Harley Too!!

No comments: