Sunday, June 19, 2005

NOT PLEASED IN THE EXTREME

I've had a bad feeling about the computer from the day it came home supposedly fixed, bug free and fine tuned. That miserable trojan horse is still galloping around in here. As evidence I offer the little hour glass that appears next to the cursor arrow at odd times, the list of sites at Explorer that I never went to, not being able to connect to the net-this I fixed temporarily by using System Restore, but it's all still way too hinky. Thunderbird isn't exactly working and Norton is disabled and refuses to change to enabled. Oh, yeah, we got ourselves a nasty little bug.
Bezeq, our intrepid phone company decided to get in on the act too and none of my 7 connected phones-2 on the fax line and 5 on the *use* line just refused to work. No dial tone, and busy ring when I called from the cellphone. I did what the lady at the phone company *it's busted* number told me and disconnected each phone in turn and after a bit, the fax line came back and I used it to call *it's busted* and they sent a fix it guy. He checked the whole system and found that my cordless phone was the source of all the trouble. We hooked up the cordless phone O got with the fax that never worked and at least the phones are working now. The cordless has about 12 hours of charging before it can be used. Now, if Gerald would just answer his phone, maybe we'll be able to get the computer sorted. The list of hinky stuff is getting longer by the minute, but at least it;s sort of working now, so the hysteria is gone.
My pressure sore is almost all better thanks to pending most of my time with it propped up in bed. I really am tired of it, but, now have hope that it will get all better soonish.
Not much else of interest at Gimp House. Irit et al were up here for the weekend and couldn't be bothered to visit. Too bad. Irit? Who?

No comments: