Saturday, June 11, 2005

SO I WAS WRONG-SORT OF

I got the reason for that odd phone call wrong, but only a little wrong. They were not thinking about coming up on the holiday, rather, they are going to be up north the following weekend and said I could meet them at Amburger. I told her that they could come here as I have no intention of going haring off all over the country when I have a perfectly good home. I *know* she hates my cooking, so I suggested they stop and get what they want at Amburger then come here. What on earth was I thinking? She then pulled out the Romi is allergic to dogs story. Yeah, right, and it makes no difference that Peg is now bald. How much do want to bet that her new story is that they didn't stay with her father because of his cat. Yeah, right. They were at his house for hours on end and there was no problem that I heard of. Maybe I should call him and ask? I'll do that as soon as I turn down the TV volume. No joy there. They aren't home. I'll try later or tomorrow. I'm sick and tired of her crap. Not only will they not come here, she actually thinks I can get myself to Amburger on Harley Too. I really don't think I'm about to even try. Not the way my back is feeling. The last thing I need is a 35 minute ride on the shoulder of a main road each way. I'm also beyond the point where I could manage with just my stick were they to pick me up. I need the 4X4 and there's no room for it in their car, rather, they won't make room for it. I'll just stay home. I suggested they come over after they eat, but, no, Romi goes to sleep right after dinner. The hell with it. If they *do* come up here for the weekend and can't find the time to visit me in my own home, she can just live with the result. It's not like one quick visit would change everything, but it might have been a start. I'm through letting her try to call the shots. I'm a 53 year old gimp, and if she/they can't accept me as I am and come to see me at Gimp House, the hells with the lot of them! Her excuses are just that, excuses. That box of all her stuff is going to find it's way to the dumpster this week, after I sort through the pictures, which will find their way into *my* albums. That stuff has been sitting there taking up room for 3 years and if she can't be bothered to come get it, why should I save it?

No comments: