Friday, May 13, 2005

NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES WOOHOO

Ah, yes! We now have a brand new industrial strength cpu fan and two new ones on the box, a legal XP Pro OS, a new surge protector that is connected to everything except my blood pressure, and a couple of other doo dads. Almost everything is back in place including most of my purples but Seti doesn't want to install, nor does my pale purple firecat paws add on for Firefox. I'll get it one of these days but in the meantime the computer is so fast I'm having trouble keeping up! Whew! I fully expect to spend the next couple of days getting everything back in place, hopefully for the last time in a long while.
Thanks to the surge protector I've discovered the problem with the electric system at Gimp House. There's a major problem with *ground* and if that's not enough, 360 or so whatchamacallems are coming in instead of only 220. That is so not good and most likely what screwed up the fridge which has been disconnected since Wednesday when it repeatedly blew the circuit breakers and generally drove me wild. I connected the freezer, micro and new purple kettle to the same circuit the cooker, washer and dryer are on and obviously am not stupid enough to run more than one at a time. I'll get onto the housing authority and elctric company on Sunday. I've known something was way wrong with the electrics since the day I moved in, but never suspected it was the *ground* My pal Avi was supposed to come today and jerryrig the fridge but his wife's mother died so I told him to forget it and go home. Most of the stuff in the fridge can go in the freezer for now and the stuff that can't, I'll just eat today and tomorrow as it's mostly fresh veggies that are still ok.
There are lots of planes overhead today after my friends in that lovely peace loving Lebanese *political party* Hizbolla shot at Slomi and Har Dove yesterday. Hmm, I almost wonder what that's all about? My nose is twitching and I guess a few katyushas are not out of the question for us in the very near future. Peg is acting like he does before they start landing-trying to curl around my legs and not acting all excited when I want to take him out and getting all whiney when I go out. It's not like thay need an excuse or anything resembling a reason to shoot at us. I think it might be a very bad idea for them to get too rambunctious.
I have a couple more things to do to the computer, then, I'll be back at A View for an update there.

No comments: