Thursday, May 19, 2005

IT'S A BLOODY PAIN

The freaking sore on my ankle bone just won't heal, or more accurately won't stop hurting. My sandals might be part of the problem as one of the straps rubs the spot that hurts. The doc wants me to stay off it as much as possible, and let it heal, but that so isn't my thing. The very thought makes me wild. New sandals might help, but I can't get any until next month when my credit card frees up. I still HATE shoes and the worst part of my crippedness is not being able to gimp around the house barefoot. I could if I had carpet here, but that's just not on with Peg. His hair will grow back, so no carpets for me! Damn Hammertoes. Of course I really shouldn't be griping because, I *am* thankful that I can still walk a little, even it is getting harder by the day. The wheelchair is the obvious answer, but it doesn't fit in the kitchen or here, so it's still easier to walk a few meters. I'm restarting the 'Battle For The Electric Chair, yet again. I didn't follow up the last mini barrage of letters because I was too damn lazy to argue with the printer and the computer went off to be legalized and since it's come back, I've just been lazy. Today I'm off to the Sawbones to see if he can justify a 'confined to wheelchair/recommend electric chair note. If he can, I'll dig out all the old ones, copy them and include them with The Letter. It's not like I don't need one, or that there aren't crips out there in better shape who got an electric chair (Bat Chen, for example) It's that freaking Dr. Badshit who still refuses to do his job, and come see for himself that things are not as they were 1998 when he last made a home visit upon which he bases his decision. That was in the previous apartment, not Gimp House. Among others, one of the reasons I want an electric chair, is that the wheels are UNDER it, they don't stick out the sides and will go into the kitchen and here without breaking down walls. It's really getting critical. My right knee hurts like hell all the time now, whether I'm sitting, lying down, or using it, and better it's not going to get! There's also the issue of my shoulders. Because they are both shot I can't propel a regular wheelchair except by pushing backwards with my right leg, which is really not good for that knee-duh. I WILL win this one this time. Ok, time to get moving so I can ambush the sawbones today instead of waiting until next week! Must get dressed, photocopy the glow in the dark test results and get there before 0945.

No comments: