Saturday, May 28, 2005

A CHANGE OF NAME

It never occurred to me that I would have to change the name of the *liberry* so soon after naming it in the first place, but sadly, it has now been changed from The Louise And Harry Abelon Liberry to The Abelon Family Memorial Liberry.
I had another of my 'personal someone died notifications' this past week, and as I only check the Old Hometown obits on Saturdays, I only today found out that Michael Abelon died of pancreatic cancer on Tuesday. He was only 58 and Beck never mentioned that he was ill when we last talked so this really came out of the blue. The *Liberry* I designed my after was in his room after all, so it's only fitting to change the name. I'll be calling Beck a bit later as it's way too early there to call now. I am so sad for her. Both her parents, uncle and aunt, and now Mike. Of course they were all my family too, but she was, and still is like the sister I never had, and there were times we were never sure whose house was whoms! We just wandered in and out of each others house as naturally as can be. I have very few childhood memories that she isn't a major part of. Her sorrow is mine.
I had another 'notification' this morning and I'm really nervous about who it might be as it was a very strong one. I'll do some checking later as a 'notification' of that magnitude means it was someone very close to me, and I do not want the jolt of reading about it in the paper so a couple of phone calls are in order.
On a much more mundane note; the local papers are full of complaints that our fearless leader, the mayor of Kiryat Shemonah is enjoying a vacation in the US and Canada while the city falls apart around us. The consensus seems to be that he had no business leaving town while it goes to he** in a handbasket. I beg to differ. If things are so bad when he *is* here, maybe he should just stay there and never come back? Things just get worse when he's here. I'm going to send letters to that effect to all the papers that thought he should have stayed until the worst was sorted! And yes, I'm going to sign it! I hate anonymous (name and address available in office) letters to the editor. People are scared that there might be retaliation if they go public with their opinions. I don't give a damn. Let them try. What can they do to me? Not a damn thing as I am not dependent on them for anything, and if I'm right and they are wrong, it's all over! Been there, done that, and things got changed real quick. AND I worked for them again!! It's just a shame that that organization has somewhat gone back to it's old ways of coercion and duplicity, but at least I'm not involved with them in any way, and can take pot shots at them from afar. I've got some minor maintenance to do on the computer, so......

No comments: