Friday, May 20, 2005

IT'S OFFICIAL!

I was confined to my wheelchair today by my sawbones, because of the results of the Glow In The Dark test AND the various bruises from unplanned landings. I'll have all the paperwork together to send off to the appropriate places, and the form for another "transport exam" this time with correct clause ticked and the letter confining me to my wheelchair. AND just to be contrary I'll wear sandals again and ask them what exactly the issue with that is as I don't walk anyways and it's a bazillion degrees outside anyway, so what do they care if I wear sandals or ortho-boots?
It's a million degrees in here and the a/c will have to go tomorrow, unless I figure something else out. I HAVE to get all the stuff scanned and copied and printed and it's just too hot here, even now at 2230 with the door open. At any rate ole el cheapo gimp will only use the small a/c that blows directly here from the *liberry* as there's no place to plug in my only fan, all the sockets are in use.
Orna and I have kind of come up with a way to get my wheelchair in here close to the computer. We'll take all the paint stuff from the 'other' side of the washer-dryer and move them closer to that wall, which should leave enough room for the rear wheels on *that* side. We'll try it on Sunday.
Poor old Pegasus has gone nuts these last two days. He whines, and jumps on my bed and on all the doors and is just completely unsettled. He's never been like this before, and it's driving me wild. I took him for a looong run in the hope it would tire him, but it didn't. I took him out when I came here and he's quiet out there, but I want to put my foot back up and get the sandal off. Please, let him be quiet. I have so much to do Sunday that I'm afraid to leave him if he doesn't settle down.
The local newspapers war is heating up. The one run by the illiterates published a letter against the new one signed by the Mayor's cheerleaders. Ooops, wrong side. One of those things I have to do on Sunday is to give the new paper the investigative rights to the illegal building on MY shelter roof. That should be fun, as they really don't care who gets got as long as the shenanigans stop. Our city hall is possibly even more corrupt than Sharon's government, but more of that tomorrow at A Gimps View.

No comments: