Sunday, May 15, 2005

HERE WE GO AGAIN

After spending a quiet Saturday burning CDVs I decided to take a look at my bank account to try and figure out why my credit card was refused on Thursday. I still don't know why as there is a fair amount still available, BUT, there was yet another charge from overseas. I thought that was all sorted but it obviously isn't. I called Visa first thing this morning and they cancelled this card and will send another that will officially be blocked to overseas internet use. It's most annoying especially when I didn't even think about buying through the net. Visa will be sending their investigators after whoever is doing it and I don't much care who they find. It's stealing plain and simple. I have my suspiscions and it's sad if I'm right, but it's not a good idea to steal from me via my credit card. Never mind me, Visa will deal with them and it's just too bad. My new card will be here by Thursday and then, I'll have to run around and give the new number to the few places that have it for monthly charges. There are only two such places, the dog supply store and Gerald, so not a major problem. Speaking of the dog supply store, I have to call them and order more food for Peg. He's out of food. I also have to find someone to fix my fridge. I am unhappy about that in the extreme. It's the last thing I need right now as I am once again on the verge financially, but with the solution in sight, as Murdy obviosly understands even though he doesn't yet know that the Victor issue is well on the way to it's 30000 shekel conclusion. The ruling in my favor will be handed down today or tomorrow, and one against his daughter who is also involved within the month. I don't expect to see anything from them until Hadass's ruling comes down, but as soon as it does and we file for liens they'll pay up PDQ for the simple reason that Hadass is his darling and he will do anything to keep her clear of liens and other not nice stuff. That 30,000 will go a long way to easing things around here, not to mention being enough for a car.
Done! A nice lad who goes by the name Gaby Kirur or in English, Gaby Cool will be along in two hours or so and with any luck will be able to sort the fridge with minimum fuss. All that's left is to get onto the housing authority about the electrics.
It's just one thing after another, but, I shouldn't complain as one of my mottos is "life would be without taste if not for the challenges, so bring it on"
I think maybe it might be interesting to see if the Electric Company can send someone to check and see if there is a major problem with the power. It can't be legal to not have the ground, and 237 volts are coming in which most likely contributes to my high electric bills.

No comments: