Monday, May 16, 2005

A GREAT DAY AT GIMP HOUSE!

So, Irit said I'd never get a table in here! Ha! So she said. So what? The new ROUND table is here and fits in just fine. If I ever get the #$%*&^ card reader to work (there's a software hitch) I'll post a picture. It will be perfect when I find a lighter table cloth for it. To say I'm excited about it, is putting it mildly. I *do* love Gimp House;all 62 sq.mms of it. It's far from finished, but it just keeps getting better and better.
I got Orna in this morning to clean up the aftermath of the fridge repair and table putting together and she agrees that it looks fantastic. Of course it(the whole place) looked even better when she was done! She does magic with a broom, rag and squeegee!
There was a quagmire of sticky icky dog hairs behind and under the fridge, which were the cause of the troubles. They got in and covered the compressor and caused it to overheat and short circuit. It only cost 150 to fix it, and it no longer sounds like a strangling jet fighter of one of Jeremy Clarkson's reject cars! I must admit that there was a little corner of my brain that was hoping it was beyond repair because it IS NOT the fridge I wanted, and I have decided that I will not settle for anything other that exactly what I want anymore. The computer is now exactly what I wanted (the card reader excluded) as is the *liberry* (will be when it's finished) the dining table and chairs, sofa (thanks to a throw cover that picks up the exact shade of the chair) the patio is coming along nicely and I've decided to put tons of plants in pots out there and to get a swing thingy. With any luck I'll get around to the kitchen one of these days. Walls have to go and cabinets put in for a hob and built in oven. I know exactly how and where, just have to wait a bit for a few things to be paid off. I also want a new bed to better match the wardrobe, maybe wrought iron. There's a guy up here who does them. By the time all that's done, it will be time to repaint! I kind of like having a couple of 'small' projects going while larger ones are being paid off. The *liberry* and patio are the two smallish ones that don't interfere with the others.
There are times when I seriously worry about my sanity. I can't count the times I've seen Die Hard, but never once did I notice that Alan Rickman was in it, until last night! When looking him up on the www I missed it there. I love cable because movies are rerun ad nauseum which means I'll get to feast my eyes on him often in the neat future. Oh yes, I do like him. Bruce Willis, somewhat less, but he's not exactly hard on the eyes either.
Moshe just left. Who is Moshe? You ask. Moshe is the owner of the shop I buy all my furniture from. No, he didn't come to see the new table and chairs, but he did like them in here and had many compliments for Gimp House. He came for me to help him write a letter to his son in London. Moshe used to go swimming at the pool in the hotel I worked at way back when in 'the good old days' and a few other townies swam with him and we used to have coffee together before my shift started. It was fun talking about the 'good old days' with someone who was there and knows the *crew* Of course, that's always fun because you don't have to stop in the middle and explain everything. Plus he's just a nice guy.
This just into my inbox;I couldn't agree more and hope I can adopt most of these points.
I know there are a lot of beautiful words that get passed around on
the net. Here's some more:

In honor of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who
lost her fight with cancer. Here is an angel sent to watch over you.
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck

(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the
earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it
melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was
stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried
much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the
fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about
his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer
day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more
while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,
wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished
every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was
the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later.
Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love
you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every
minute...look at it and really see it .. live it and never give it
back. Stop sweating
the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing
what.

Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do
love us.

No comments: