Wednesday, May 25, 2005

CHECk, WAIT AND SEE

The PT for the electric was here yesterday, so now there's nothing to do but wait and see if the paperwork actually gets to the Health Ministry in Sefad. He was a totally unfriendly type which leads me to believe that Dr. Bad Shit sent him with instructions not in my favor. I'm not sure how he can do that considering the tons of medical reports and recommendations he left with. It's not his call anyway, it's the Health Ministy's job to decide. I've got to get the social worker's phone number today and alert him as he has no doubt that I need one and can bird dog the paperwork which has a tendency to get lost in the Safad Health Ministry office! Igal has been great about the whole thing and without him I never would have gotten my regular chair. The paperwork got lost twice until he went and put in their hands himself! The next stage in the never ending saga is for a delegation from the Safad office to come to Gimp House and pass judgement. That should happen withing the next two weeks according the guidelines. I'll get onto Igal soon, then, call the Safad office on Sunday when Maris, the gal in charge is in. I had a few bad minutes yesterday after the PT left because I thought the electric chair home visit was supposed to be like the one for the regular chair, and include measurements, which he didn't take. Seems that isn't part of it as I found out after I called Zehava to ask if they measured her for her 'lectric chair at that stage. They didn't, so I'm breathing again. I *did* show the most impressive bruises I have on left arm, and the ones that live semi permanently on my legs. He asked all the right questions but showed no interest what so ever. It was just a rote proceedure to him, and nothing I did or said got any human reaction. My antics usually produce a smile at the very least but he wasn't having any. I'll be happy if the paperwork gets to Safad. *He* and Bad Shit won't be if it doesn't. I'm ready for round two and Bad Shit had best watch his step and do his job. At least the first letter of complaint got the desired results, and they should know me well enough by now to realize that I am dead serious about this. We've had several rounds, my insurer and I, and I won them all!
After the PT left I raced out and mailed the letter to my brother and picked up a surprise package at the Post Office. I now have my very own VA minion and am a secret source for the gal who sent it. What a lovely surprise, my very own almost purple minion that now sits in pride of place on my CD rack!
I spent most of the rest of the day with my pesky left foot up, and feel better today.Nethan, Danny's brother strolled in to ask me to decipher his bank statement. Banks here have their own codes that are meant to keep their customers in a state of perpetual puzzlement, but as we use the bank, I was able to figure it out for him! Now, if I can just get Danny to make some progress on the patio, all will be well. I can feel a motivational converstation with him coming on a bit later.
It always takes me a while to recover from a stress filled day, which yesterday sure was!
I just realized that the bamboo bookcase that lives in the nook in the livingroom will fit on the wall behind me, so, I'm in the throws of trying to decide if I want to move that one, or just get another one. The nook is rather useless, and the bookcase fits in perfectly. I'll think on it for a bit, then decide. Of course I could always move that one now, the get another one for the nook! It would solve the mess behind me, which really does het on my nerves. Yup! That's the answer. I'll do it when I get back from my daily patrol!

No comments: