Thursday, May 05, 2005

GIMP HOUSE AS TARDIS

It was an amazing two days! Three wheelchairs on maneuvers in the tiny Gimp House, but fun like I haven't had since I can't remember when! When Chana wasn't sleeping (night owl that she is) we were out showing the good people of this town that us crips can have a good time from our rolling thrones. Zehava is a relatively quiet, decorous well mannered gal, but enjoyed our antics. Now that they've found the way to Gimp House/Tardis, I hope they'll come visit more often.
My new dining room chairs arrived yesterday in the midst of our morning coffee ceremony and Chana and Zehava had to evacuate the scene so the chairs could be brought in. They were temporarily banished to the spare/guest room for the duration and when they were released from exile, they promptly fell in love with the new chairs. After getting organized (I use the word with reservation) we headed for town and a quick swing through the other mall and for the coffee shop, then to stock up on fags. When we got back, they rolled into Zehava's van and left. I *do* wish they could have stayed longer as we were having so much fun. I now have the answer to those who think Gimp House is too small and crowded for 1 wheelchairer! Three at a time managed just fine, so it's plenty big for one! It is a Tardis after all!
I'm still a bit groggy from the late nights but should be back to *normal* in a day or so. Danny sorted the reiforcing steel grid for the concrete we want to pour for my patio, and with any luck it will be done in the next day or so. I'll catch him later to find out what's happening with the concrete.
I still have a few things to pick up in town before Gerald gets here, so I'd best get my butt in gear! It *is* Thursday which is pretty much the end of the week here, and I really should get the things I put off while the girls were here done! Friday is not a good day for any kind of shopping here! Laters!

No comments: