Wednesday, May 25, 2005

JUST WHAT I DON'T NEED

After humming merrily, if noisily, along for a week, the fridge decided it was bored today and started shorting the electrickery! I went out to flip the breaker three times, then gave up and unplugged the ungrateful wretch. Why now, when I'm maxed out for the 10 or so months and have other plans after that? Yeah, well, why not? The fridge fixer guy is coming tomorrow and with any luck he'll come up with a way to keep it alive for at least a year. My only objection to buying a new one now or in the near future is financial. No way can I afford the one I want and no way am I spending so much as 10 agorot on one that isn't exactly what I want. That's how I got this one. Grrrrrrrrr.
I haven't quite gotten around to putting the bookcase in here yet, but will start that project in a minute or two. I just wish I had the energy to do it. I don't, but as I have decided, it will be done. As I have to stay in and wait for the fixer guy tomorrow, I'll use the time to try and sort the stuff that isn't quite working here like the video prog, Picassa and Hello. Computer says the vid one is not connected, but I think it is. I guess I'll have to get down there and check it myself. I don't know what Picassa's story is, but it's not working. The software *is* installed, and I saw the wires go in, but they might have fallen out or g-d knows what.

No comments: