Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ROLLERCOASTER DAZE

Yesterday was one of those days when all you can do is wonder when the roller coaster will stop and you can get off.
I decided the night before to get the blood tests and EKG done in the morning and fasted as per instuctions. We started with the blood tests and the nurse was one of those from the school of brutality. Bet she got staight As in needle hurting. That's one impressive hematoma on my right arm! Then, we moved right along to EKG which was normal!! Only a bit less than year after my heart attack, a normal EKG!! Cancel the cardiac quack. For dessert I got my anti flu shot.
From there, I went to the flower shop. Shmaryah's car was there, so I got his report from his trip to the doctor. Day before yesterday he was going on about a lumpy thing in his stomach and I made him go to his doctor, which he did in the morning. They think it might be just a fatty growth but want to do tests. The surgeon he also saw wanted to cut it out, but he said no. At that point I asked Lavana for the scissors and threatened to do it myself. My diagnosis is that the lump is one the M&Ms he stole from me and it's growing to punish him. He got sent back to the door store and I waited with Lavana for a shipment of things that were supposed to arrive in the morning. While waiting, I decided to take a swing through the new grocery store that finally opened across the road from us. I was a bit embarrassed by the locals who were oohing and ahhing over the new store. Excuse me, people, but there are bigger more impressive neighborhood markets in just about every other city here, not to mention American. Even Maine. I picked up a few things on my way through and got in line at check out. Just as my turn came, a manager came over and told me to follow him to the main check out so it would go faster. That register was crowded but he told the gal to take me next. She didn't and I decided to find a line again. It was so crowded by then that I couldn't turn around to go back, so, I dropped the stuff I'd wanted on a shelf near the exit and left all pissed off. What is it that people think they know what's best for us crips? I was next where I was and even told him I was just fine, but, no, he knew better, and I ended up leaving after vowing never to return. On the way back to the flower store I spotted the M&Ms importer in the parking lot and yelled at him to stop and intruduced myself as the addict from Kiryat Shmonah and begged him to give my pals at the 24 hour store the "big" bags of M&Ms. He laughed and promised to sort it. I told him that they really have to have them because the new store pissed me off an I won't be going there ever again. I was really pissed off. Yeah, I know he was just trying to be helpful, but guess what the road to hell is paved with? Managers from that chain who tried to help a crip..........
I got back to the store, had a bit of a rage and a little cry. I'd left my lunch there. Remember the fast for the blood test? Right. Lavana went charging over there and had a few words with the idiot manager type who had been trying to helpful. According to her, he was almost as upset as I was and aplogized profusely. When Lavana got back, I went to my favorite sandwich grill place and got a sandwich.
Our shipment finally arrived and we unpacked it only to find a couple of minor mistakes that will be corrected next time the sales guy comes.
My computer (the big one) was taken off to computer ICU by a local computer fixer and he walked by, so we discussed what he'll do to it. It just might be back on Friday, all working with another hard drive and a legal OS. So, I'll just continue using this one.
I think it's Wednesday today and that means we close early and Lavana and I go on a buying trip to look for ideas and stuff to sell.
Oh, oh, Almost forgot! I have a teeny tiny disco ball for THE DISCO. How cool is that?
On the way home I stopped to get M&Ms and had a good laught with the lads about my *attack* on the guy in the parking lot.
When I got home, I found the air conditioner on and I KNOW I turned it off the day before. Orna swears she wasn't even in the house, never mind turned it back on. So, how did it get on? I turned it off and hid the remote. I just hope I'll find the remote next time I want to use it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What is it that people think they know what's best for us crips? I was next where I was and even told him I was just fine, but, no, he knew better,..."

Oh how I know what you are talking about here. I dealt with those kinda people in middle and high school.
BTW, do you like dark chocolate M&Ms?

Purplegimp said...

I've found that the best way to deal with idiot do gooders is to avoid them, therefore, the boycott on that store. I like the small classic M&MS, but am totally addicted to the peanut ones!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should move over there and open an M&M store?