Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NOT GOOD NEWS

Contrary to the evidence of previous posts, I really don't like to post about bad things here, but, this really sucks. I went to visit Etti and Yaacov yesterday and it was not good. He has a very virulent form of brain tumor, and is still in shell shock from the news. It's so bad that their son is flying in from The States at the end of the month. Etti is very busy trying to keep the seriousness of it hidden from Yaacov that I suspect that she really doesn't quite get it herself. I was alone with him for a few minutes, and even though he didn't say much, he knows, and is playing along with her to make her feel better. He starts radiation treatments on Sunday and from what I've read, they can help for a while, but not long. This so sucks.
I was super stupid yesterday and only ate about 6 M&Ms all day(not really my idea of a balanced diet,contrary to documented evidence) so, of course, felt crap all day today. I scarpered home early and picked up a good meal on thae way, ate it and took a nap that I woke up from at 2330. I've also not been drinking enough, so am pouring the water in at an alarming rate. You'd think I'd learned my lesson on the trip, but I guess I'm just a slow learner. I just drank a half liter of water and am feeling better all ready! It's a good thing that we are in the middle of a holiday here and half the country is closed and we can get away with closing early. I'm off to Nazareth Elite again on Thursday. I'm having a hard time figuring out why in 1990 it took exactly 45 minutes to get there from here (I know this because I drove that route every day that year) and now it takes over an hour even though they've widened the road and raised the speed limit and I have a better car? It's just not making any sense to me.
Other than that, and not knowing where my camera is, I'm ok, just worried sick about Yaacov and Etti. I'm off to grab another bottle of water and back to bed. If Fingers hadn't sent a note, it might have been another year before I got around to posting here. Time just gets away from me and there's not enough to start with. We really need more hours in a day!

No comments: