Monday, October 16, 2006

LAWS OF NATURE

I always forget the first law of nature. The one that states that the day after you wash the car it will rain. On Friday I took the Disco for it's long promised wash (I promised to wash it if it passed inspection) and brought it home. Orna was out hanging laundry and did a double or maybe triple take when she saw it, and wasted a few minutes trying to figure out who parked a car just like mine in my space. As I was right there with her and not threatening the life of my parking space thief, she finally figured it out. I stuck my head out several times on Saturday to admire the clean car outside. It really is a magnificent vehicle. I'm just vain enough that keeping it filthy on the outside which tricks people into thinking that I've been off road with it a lot. The only time it's been off road was during the war when Golan and I left the Nusery by the back fields with the ceramic fountain in back, but that doesn't really count. I just haven't had time since learning how to drive it properly on road to go off road. Now that I've learned it, I'm looking for a chance. The plan is to take this coming Friday morning off and going out then. Of course by then it might be dirty enough again. It started raining Saturday and poured off and on all day yesterday. As it was a semi holiday yesterday I decided to run a bunch of errands and spent some time at the flower shop after I finished my stuff. The skies opened at one point and I waited for a break in the downpour. At least I was ready for it with a brand new rain poncho! When I finally headed for home, there was an amazing rainbow right over the whole town. It was a spectacular rainbow and the purple stripe was right on top. I'd no sooner gotten home and into bed than the rain started again with a bit of thunder and lightning. Wasn't I just thrilled? There's nothing I like more than a good storm. Seems there was a bit of flooding in town. Shmaryah called to tell me that the store had flooded again, and Orna reported that our street was a river for half an hour or so. She also begged me not to wash the car again any time soon. It IS a law of nature that if cars or windows are washed; it WILL rain.

No comments: