Monday, October 16, 2006

ORCHID MURDERING TEADRINKER

My pal down south got an Orchid for New Year, and after profuse thanks, asked how to take care of it. Not knowing myself, I sent her to reasearch the question on the interweb. She reported back that she was supposed to water it once a week and ignore it. On Saturday I got a paniced call from her. She said that the flowers fell off and some leaves too.
TD "I followed the directions and the stuff just fell off while I was looking at it"
PG "YOU MURDERED THE ORCHID"
TD "I did not. It died in front of my eyes"
PG "YOU DID TOO. YOU MURDERED THE ORCHID"
TD "Did not. I followed the directions from the interweb and it died"
PG "DID TOO. You didn't follow the directions at all. They said to water it once a week and ignore it. YOU DIDN'T IGNORE IT. YOU LOOKED AT IT AND THAT'S NOT IGNORING.
On an on we went like that for several minutes. She did murder it, but it might be savable. It hasn't turned brown yet so if she keeps watering it and really does ignore it, it might be ok.

No comments: