Thursday, October 12, 2006

GETTING A GRIP

It seems like I just might be starting to get a grip on this whole Yaacov thing. The interweb has been a big help and I'm putting myself through Med School every minute I get free. There's lots of information about it out there. Even though it's not good and I don't have access to all the reports from his tests, I do know enough to understand how bad it really is. This is one nasty cancer. The radiation cand chemo can help for a while, but, like life itself, the end is known. All any of us can do is make it easier for him and the family. That is my new mission. I'll be leaving town at 1300 or so to take Etti and Yaacov out for a light meal, and to grab a taxi driver from the taxi stand right under their house and make a deal with him to take Yaacov to his radiation treatments. Dotan simply can not leave work to do it every day and I can't take that much driving. I'll do any trips to Haifa until Yaron gets here. Then, he, Dotan, and I will sit down and get it all organized.
I'm very sad about the whole thing but at least there is something I do to help.
Last night Shmaryah and Lavana had his sister and some friends over for a BBQ in their Sukka- the booth that is traditional on this holiday. It was very nice except the Shmaryah was insulted that I couldn't eat the traditional delicacy they all go wild over-lamb testicals. Pardon me, but YUCK. And it's supposed to be THE THING. Yes, he is going to pay for it today with many comments to effect that it was all quite yummy except for his 'balls' And it was, just that was not.
Ok, time to get dressed, and to the store early so I can get a parking place before our lot fills up!

No comments: