Thursday, January 20, 2005

RECOVERED AT LAST

Ok, so it was just a mini cold, acquired when chasing Pegasus, the escaped Keeshond in the pouring rain. But it was one miserable mini cold. I felt ill every time I sat up for more than 5 minutes at a time. On the upside, it rained most of the time so I had no desire to go out. Today I woke up about as close to normal as I can get! I devoted the morning to finding out what's going on in my bank account and it looks better than I hoped! EXCEPT for Barak. I discovered that they are charging me as if I'm still connected to the www through them. I am not, and if they don't sort it PDQ I'll yank my overseas calls from them too. I was told that there is no charge at all for using their web mail and no way am I going to pay 50+ shekels per month for the privilege of going to that mail account several times a week to delete hundreds of pieces of spam. By sometime next month I'll have to decide if I'm going back to them or continuing with Net onesh. They have actually settled down to ok and there haven't been any of the problems I was plagued with at the beginning for several months now. I'm seriously considering staying with them. I'll start running price checks next week, then decide. They just called and are going to credit my account for the amount they charged for the unused internet service!
Gerald was supposed to come on Monday to sort the trojan horse that's stabled here! He had to do something else and couldn't find my phone number. That's ok, because since then I have found directions on how to get rid of that trojan horse. I'm just not confident enough of my computer capabilities to even try it. But........it just might mean that the computer stays here.
Abu Mazzen looks like he might have contracted a serious case of pragmatism. He, at last is talking about shutting down the terrorists operating from Gaza, but in true so called Palestinian style, he is demanding that we reciprocate immediately. Huhn? When was the last time we sent a suicide bomber to blow himself and any innocent by standers to smithereens? And when was the last time we shot rockets willy nilly at their towns? I guess he needs to say that in order to save face. Even if he does stop the terror, how long will it last? Until they have a state and their own European armed army? Not much longer than that, if that long. We also have my old friends the Hezbollah flexing their Syrian supplied muscles. No way are they going to sit quietly by while the so called Palestinians get their act together and go independent. It won't be long before Katyushas start flying again. Things *will* be interesting.
I've been here since 09:00 and I'm starting to feel woozy, so I think I'll finish, go check the mail and crash into bed with a book and Sorbo guy!

No comments: