Monday, January 17, 2005

GOT A COLD AND OTHER STUFF

I decided last night that I have a cold. Of course it could be the flu, but as I've had my shot, I'm hoping it isn't. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'll be spending most of my time in bed with my two new books and the idiot box.
Gerald is supposed to be here at around 15:00 to either take the computer away to get rid of the trojans, or to do it here. I don't much care which he prefers as I feel really lousy. I *did* get my tooth refilled yesterday, after a long discussion with the dentist about the relative wisdom of just refilling it or, doing a root canal. I won and after shooting a huge amount of novocain into my mouth, he went to work. I'm glad it's done. From there, I went to get the rest of this months fags, to get a couple of new books and some groceries. When I got home, I called Himself-the ex and we had a long chat about his daughter. He actually suggested that I do what I'd already decided to do........ignore her. He was incensed that she didn't come to see me before going back to work yesterday. I'm non too happy about myself. I've said it here before and I'll say it again now. No more. I will not let her be rude and controlling. If she can't behave towards the way she should, she can just stay away.
After talking to Himself, I called The Philmore, who has fallen completely in love with Romi. Every time he mentioned her, his voice got stronger and his excitement and happiness were apparent. I haven't heard him sound that good for several years now.
The news is nonstop about the poor people of Sderot who are getting hit by kassam rockets pretty much nonstop. Their whining and wingeing remind me of some Kiryat Shmonah residents in 1996, the last big katyusha attack we had. Many wanted to get out of town and in the end an evacuation to safer areas was organized for families with small children, the elderly and disabled. I stayed. No Hizzbalon is going to run me from my home. Ok, it's scarey when they hit, but; if you heard it, you're ok, if you didn't, you don't care!
It would be interesting to see what would happen if the women of Sderot took things into their own hands and put my anti terror 'clean up'plan into action. It sounds stupid, but I bet if all the women in Sderot took their brooms and marched on Aza, proclaiming their intent to clean out the terrorists, they'd win hands down. Several hundred determined women is the most frightening thing I can think of.
Jabotinsky's grandson was interviewed on the radio this morning and he is thoroughly disgusted by Sharon. He said, and I agree with him, that after 9/11 our government should have declared a state of war with the so called 'Palestinian' terrorists, like the US did on the Taliban. So kind of Bush et al to agree that we have the right to defend ourselves. It's our own damn fault that we are still sitting back and taking it after all these years. It's still beyond the grasp of the Barak school of thought that this intifada is a direct result of that infamous scamper out of the security zone in Lebanon. When ever anyone tries to bring that up, they are immediately silenced by the liberals who can't see beyond their own noses. Things are not going to better any time soon. Abu Mazzen has no intention of dismantling the terror infrastructure over which he now presides. That Egyptian is urging *us* to give him time to get tings under control. It's clear to me that he means that we should give them all the time they need to get rid of us.
I'm getting dizzy sitting here, so I think I'll take my cold/flu to bed.

No comments: