Monday, January 03, 2005

HARLEY TOO

My beloved Yefim, the Afikim scooter fixer was here today. He picked me up (getting in his huge Mercedes van was interesting) and we went off to see Harley at the Laddie's clinic. Because of inventory Yefim couldn't bring a braid because they have to be made individually. It was decided that Yefim would take him to Obadiyah's 'ospital and they'd see what could be done. I had a hint/clue filled chat with Yefim on the way, by way of reminding him of the Harley History Book, chapter and verse regarding Danny Lev, Afikim and Gelbras which is where Obadaiya started until he recently became Afikim's 'opital. After the daily hysterical call from the Polack, Obadaiya called and made me an offer I can't refuse. A new(2nd hand) Harley for 6000 in 5 payments. Either Yefim reminded him, or he remembered, and 6000 is 3000 less than Danny Lev gouged me for back when. And we are talking about one that is lots newer, even if second hand, so, I said yes! It comes complete with new batteries, engine, my new solid tyres, 6 month warranty, and Yefim as official fixer! Hip hip hooray! Harley Too will be here tomorrow or the day after.
Achy called earlier and we are making celebratory plans to go to the new Irish pub in Metula. I told him about The Polack and His Daughter. Achy wanted to know why I answer the phone at 02:00, but understood when I told him I have a friend in Borneo who has been sent an e mail demanding a collect phone call the very minute she gets the mail. I'm still checking the message board her employers started, trying her number several times a day with no joy.
The Polack has decided that Irit's Guy is the very incarnation evility and is taking advantage of his little girl. Ha! Boy, does he have it backwards. HRH Irit is not some innocent little naive wraith who can't look out for herself. She is spinning tales to her pappa of the Polak persuation, for reasons I have yet to fathom. What he thinks *I* can do about it, I just do not know. I suggested that he tell Guy to take a walk because he wants to talk with his daughter in private, and tell her what he thinks. I doubt the wimp will, I also hope he leaves me alone about it. He's a big boy now, and she is no danger from her husband. I'd say it's pretty much the other way around. And now I have Teadrinker yammering in my ear and Gerald hasn't shown up to do whatever with the computer yet, and I can't call him because I'm tied to the chair by the phone's umbilical cord.You'll just have to be patient and wait for my World Salvation Plan.

No comments: