Sunday, January 02, 2005

AND A GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO

When my phone rang at 02:00 my first thought was CAB! Then I heard the voice and my stomach sank. It was *he who is Polish* aka, the father of my children. At 02:00? Gulp. I spoke with him the day the kids arrived and checked when terry would be home. I was hoping to enlist her help in explaining to HRH Irit that her behavior is unacceptable, but The Polack suggested I not talk to her at all, so I didn't. So, what's he doing on the phone at 02:00? He called to ask me if HRH Irit is always so outspoken and caustic. Of course she is. As opposed to the last time she was there and he totally pissed her off, to the extent that they stayed at a hotel instead of with him, This time SHE pissed HIM off. I couldn't get him to tell me what exactly she did or said, but it sounds like she was just like she is with me, giving orders and telling what to do, as well as being rude and mouthy. Yeah, the whole thing sounded familiar. He threatened to write her out of his will. I gather that one of the issues is that she has plans to build on property he owns near Zichron Ya'akov. Oops, a bit ahead of herself on that one. It seems I'm the one elected to let her have it with both barrels when they get home. Of course I still have my own issues with her, but knowing she'll back me up (I hope, never can tell with him) just might give me the push needed. I think I'll just wait for her to give me an opening, which, knowing her should be sometime during the first phone call after they get home. I don't care if she threatens to not let me see Romi. I haven't seen her for at least 6 months, and that's just fine. She will either knock off the smart ass attitude or, lose both her parents. I may not be a perfect parent or even human being, but she isn't either and her arrogance towards us must stop. Of course, after he hung up I remembered lots of things I could/should have told him, but, that can wait. There is now a list next to the phone ready for our next chat. I wonder if she'll be like that with The Philmore. I doubt it. She knows who to suck up to and won't risk pissing him off! Ah, well, we shall see. When I spoke to him yesterday, he said he'd send me a check with her. I told him not to because I'd never see it. Much as it would be nice to get a couple of hundred dollars, I'm ok now without it. She will try to dictate terms and conditions for giving it to me. I've had enough.
I was up tossing turning, listening to a prog on 60s music until 05:00. The phone rang at 08:30. Again I went through the Cab thing only to hear Larry from Afikim. He was giving it another try.........to get me to at least buy a second hand Harley rather than fix my Harley. He also took a stab at getting me to send Harley to Afikim to be fixed. At that point my patience snapped. I'm trying very hard not to burn all my bridges at Afikim as I still need them to bring the braid. I *did* tell him in no uncertain terms that Harley would never again see Afikim. I also asked him if he wanted to go back to the good old days when I ran a boycott against them, which actually worked. What he doesn't yet know, is that when I get that loan in 6 months I AM NOT buying from them. Period. Partly because of his sales tactics and partly because Shirli had the nerve to laugh when I told her about the fried braid. No way will I buy Afikim again. But there's time for that battle. In the meantime, as I can't go out because Harley is still in ICU, I think maybe I'll go take a nap.
My plan for saving the world can wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Franne,

It's Fingers here - any contact from Cab at all yet?
Anyway just to say I've been a frequent reader of your blog (hope you don't mind!).