Wednesday, December 01, 2004

GIFTS, DOGS, BLOGS, PROGS AND POLITICAL SUICIDE ON PRIME TIME

I just learned another life lesson. After working on today's post for over an hour, spell checking and(goof reading) looking for my usual grammar goofs, and being pretty satisfied with it, the whole thing got lost in cyber hell. And it WAS good, even if I say so myself. Now, the challenge is to try to remember it!
Spike, aka Teadrinker, called to say that she got her gift and that it was one of the best she ever got. Several years ago, she told me in passing that she wants a poster with the Hebrew letters, in order, with the names of each. While in Jerusalem, with Wallygator, I saw a place mat with all that stuff on it (that's what the big secret was) and bought it on the spot. She got it today and was almost crying from joy when she called. I enjoyed every minute of the torture I put her though by not telling her what it was and making her wait. It was well worth it. Even though she knew something was coming, she had no idea what it was until it was out of the bag. I'm not sure who was more amazed that I remembered that off hand comment of hers, her, or me. I *am* brain damaged, after all!
She WILL go ballistic when she gets the envelope the pictures are in. Oh, she will! It's so much fun.
There was an unexpected benefit from the dog's banishment to the loo. Ragamuffin started her pathetic, "I'm miserable" whine, so I took pity and let them out. They both went the whole night without 'going' on the floor. I was so proud of them when I got up. They are put out every morning for an hour or two unless it's raining. If that's the case, I take them walkies with Harley when the rain lets up. Sometimes, I'm just too lazy to let them out again at night, so if they wet and/or mess, I can't complain, and don't. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.
I had a great scream up at the TV last night during the news on Channel 10. They were going on about the soldier who was killed in tunnel under Philadelpi Road in Gaza, the route of preference for so called Palestinian weapons smugglers. How is it IDF's fault the tunnel collapsed? The so called Palestinian smugglers built it. IT'S THEIR FAULT. I got over most of my wrath during the Personal Opinion segment with wass'isname. He was talking about the suffering so called Palestinians go through as a result of roadblocks. He pointed out that the West Bank and Gaza have been 'occupied' since 1976 when the Jordanians and Egyptians lost them (ever wonder why they refused point blank to take them back?), and, that until the second intifada there were no roadblocks or troops in the towns or cities.They were allowed unlimited entrance to Israel to work, shop and visit(and plan).Roadblocks only started when they began blowing up buses, pizzarias, coffee shops, and using ambulances for weapons transport. It's hard for them to remember that with the P.A. media spouting anti Israeli hate messages constantly. Even *we* forget it.
What I don't get is, how on earth can they have elections before sorting out what they want- a democracy or any other form of government so the candidates can have something to campaign for? Daniel Pipes had a really good piece on that yesterday about Iraq, and to make it about the P.A. all that had to be done was change the names.
It was absolutely thrilling to watch Falula Face (Ehud Barak) commit political suicide on TV in front of his whole party. He's finished, thankfully. No way can he come back from that.
I enjoy Hercules so much it's almost indecent. I just adore the foolishness. Hercules lived so long ago that it's a real giggle to catch all the modern references to things that hadn't been dreamed of back then. Of course the Sorbo Guy is easy on the eyes, even if he doesn't have much of a butt. I just enjoy the foolishness of it.
They called from the store today, and my coat is here. I'll go get it tomorrow. I have lots of stuff to do tomorrow. Get the coat, and sweater poncho, pay the butcher, get a turkey, groceries, and a few other things. I don't need fags yet, so I have another day or two to decide what to smoke if the new law really means my fags are a thing of the past. They, in their infinite wisdom (not) have outlawed 'light' fags, so the question is, will they still be available, but not as light. Do They really think that smokers think that light fags are healthier? Yeah, they probably do. That's why They are They. Ok, this is saved. Let's see if it posts?

No comments: