Sunday, December 05, 2004

'AZAM AZAM HOME AT LAST

One of the saddest most frustrating episodes of Arab intransigence ended today and I keep getting all teary. 8 Years ago a Druze from Mrar, who worked for Tefron in the Krayot area went to Cairo Egypt, where a relative was in charge of the Tefron factory there. He was arrested as he entered his hotel and was tried, convicted and sentenced to 16 years at hard labor for espionage. The guy was just there on a visit and because of some kind of business things that no one really understands, he paid the price. Everyone involved knew that he was innocent, but in prison he stayed, until today. After 8 years and 1 month, 'Azam 'Azam was returned to Israel in exchange for 6 students who were caught and held here for planning acts of terror. Fair enough. At least he's back. It upset me a bit that he was delayed in going home for photo ops with all the politicos who were involved with his release. *I* think he should have been taken straight home after the medical check up and security debriefing, but the political mucky mucks decided that having their mugs photographed with him was more important than reuniting the man with his family. Even as I type this, he is on his way home, by car. What? All our addycookers (helicopters) are out of service? Get the man home already. Everything else is secondary.
I'm just waiting for Pollard to start squealing. Now, there's one who can rot in prison as far as I'm concerned. *He* was guilty of espionage and is a traitor to his country. I can not comprehend our giving him citizenship when he never so much as set foot in this country. Ok, so he spied for us, but as far as I know, at his own instigation. He and Va'anunu can both rot. I'm just glad that 'Azam is finally out of that Egyptian prison and on his way home. Talk about a miscarriage of justice; it was more like an illegal abortion.
I only heard bout it after I got home from my Sunday errands. Sony paid for, meds and fags bought, Christmas cards for the A Team lists bough, signed, and addressed, ready to go. Groceries tomorrow, and back to TV now until I fall asleep.

No comments: