Thursday, December 02, 2004

COATS, CUPS AND CRAP

At last.......a purple parka coat to call my own. I just love it, and the fact that store was having a 2 for the price of 1sale didn't hurt. I got a nice purple turtle neck sweater too. The other purple things in the other mall were gone by the time I got there, but as I don't need them for any other reason than that they are purple, no big deal. I HAVE THE COAT. AND I found some cigarette lighters that I don't have yet. 3 for 10 shekels. I also found out that I was correct about the light fag question. Same fags, different name. Light is now blue, so I can keep on smoking the same fags. I decided to treat myself to an ice cream at Mac Donnies and discovered purple thermal coffee mugs similar to my Puffin Stop and LL Bean ones. You guessed it. I bought 1. I'll probably get more next week. I also paid the butcher bill, and went to get Harley's front tyre changed and to pay for the gas they brought last week. My butcher is building an addition to his store and I can't get in now as the ramp is gone. I hope they finish building it soon. Tomorrow I'm going out early to get the local papers and to start building my supply of fags for the month. Groceries can wait until next week. No way am I going grocery shopping here on a Friday, without a list yet. There's plenty to eat here so that can wait.
I have the feeling that a recurring theme here is going to be the news media as speculative predictors of the future. They just can't wait for things to be done, they have to ask all those 'what if' questions that turn the news into a long list of *maybe* instead of a factual report of what was. 90% of tonights news was speculation on what the new cabinet will look like now that Shinui is gone. Will Labor join? What about Shas (barf)? And the other ultra religious party, and the far right? The speculation is enough to put you to sleep permanently. It's also pretty clear that the newsies have preferences and what they are. Shades of the U.S. I really only watch for the weather these days. Summer is back but it looks like I'll be getting a great birthday present in the form of a storm. Of course pre winter started suddenly. One day it was HOT, the next, cold and stormy. No transition at all. Then, back to summer, almost. We'll see next week. The more storms, the happier I am. Shimon the butcher promised me a turkey for Monday. I'll roast it for a birthday dinner. Maybe Achy will come.
The banishment of the dogs worked for that one day only. Ragamuffin peed on my duvet and Peg crapped on the floor. They were both immediately banished to the door handle in the loo. Peg opened the door and crapped on the living room side. They'll be banished for a good long time and no amount of pathetic whining will help this time.

No comments: