Thursday, December 30, 2004

GIMP DETECTIVE

What a lousy week! Harley is now paralyzed from the neck down! Larry from Afikim was here on Monday and more or less pronounced him dead from a broken neck, and tried his very best to get me to buy a NEW one for 15,000 shekels. We couldn't come close to agreement on how to pay for a new one, so I very carefully took him(Harley) to get a second opinion from the local *clinic*. They said that they could weld his neck, and he'd be just fine. I took him in for the operation yesterday, and it went just fine, but he woke up paralyzed from the neck down (his wiring got fried during the welding) They are working on putting his central nervous system back together and he just might be ok by tomorrow.
There *is* some good, no, fantastic, news. I spoke to the English First UK office and Kiri/Cab is NOT on their missing person list which means she is ok and accounted for. The down side there is that Sky is yammering bout a new earthquake and tsunami threat, this time from the direction of Australia which is not good for Borneo, if that is where she is. Soooo back to the worry corner. At least I now have the all important phone number and web site for finding out what's going on with EF people. I think maybe I'll wander on over to the Sky site and see what I can find out about this new threat. I'm not sure I can take much more of this.

No comments: