Sunday, December 05, 2004

FOR MY TWO FAITHFUL READERS

I hope my two faithful readers will forgive me for being so lazy over the weekend. That's pretty much why I didn't post. Another excuse (you decide how good it is) is that I've been messing around with browsers. I decided to try Firefox because IE *is* annoying. I love Firefox for the simple reason that it has a lovely purple skin with paw print buttons. The problem is moving everything from IE to here. In the end, I gave in and reinstalled IE, but as it is possible to choose which browser to use, I'll probably be with Firefox most of the time. I also downloaded their e mail app, but I think I'll be using OE more. Thunderbird just doesn't do it for me and it doesn't seem to have a signature option. Spoiled and lazy pretty much cover it.
Nothing very exciting happened over the weekend. On Friday I made a quick trip to town and on the way home lost 6 of 10 packs of fags. Go ahead and laugh. I'll just be replacing them today! The rest of Friday was spent reading the local scandal sheets and falling asleep in the middle of TV shows I wanted to watch, or being woken up by Teadrinker (who no longer is Spike) Saturday was spent messing around with Mozilla and looking for ways to get rid of those trojan horses. No joy there. Gerald says he can come sort it(the THs) on Thursday afternoon. He still likes IE and hasn't read any of the nasty things being said about it. It annoys me to no end that Firefox is hyped as the best alternative, but doesn't support many things and IE is still needed. If he can sort the whole thing out, fine, if not, I guess I'll just have to use both. Can anyone see me not using a browser with a purple skin? Not likely.
Irit called and said that if all goes well I can go visit next Sunday. They are leaving for a month in the States on the 22, two days after her brother gets here. I'm not sure that leaving us on our own is the best idea, but he has a habit of doing things like picking dates that conflict with her plans. The whole wedding mess with dates and now, coming here, while she's there. Teadrinker is on alert. And I am working on myself to remain calm.
In about half an hour I have to go out and pay Yehiel for fixing the Sony and convince him that he wants to bring it here and set it up on it's perch, buy more fags and Christmas cards for the A Team lists, and do a few other things, like try to get the scrips for the next 3 months on the worst day of the week to go to the clinic. I also have to sort the log in issue with my bank. AND arrange to make the last payment on the Skalal mess by credit card. I also have to pop into Traklin and tell the guy that Teadrinker wants to buy a digicam and printer, and other boring stuff .

No comments: