Monday, November 26, 2007

THAT WAS NOT AN EARTHQUACKE

That earth tremor was just me falling. I went up to Safed to get Dem Der and my heart test results, and stupidly didn't take the time to straighten my left ankle before coming back down. I did sit in the car with that foot flat on the ground, but obviously not long enough. I tried to walk around the wheely in my room, but the ankle went into it's usual drop foot mode and down I went. I just sat there for a few minutes taking it in, then started laughing. Poor Dem Der's face was a study. He's actually in worse shape that I am. As he stood and I sat there, trying to figure out how to get me up I got a bad case of the giggles. No way were the two of us evergoing to get me up. After a bit of a rest and a cigarrette, I heard some of my neighbor's kids outside and started yelling her name. She came running and tried to haul me up. That got us nowhere fast so she went off looking for muscles while I sat there on the floor laughing my fool head off and Dem Der fretted.
She rounded up her husband and four other guys who managed to haul me up into a sitting position on the end of the bed. They couldn't use the usual techniques as that collar bone is disconnected and hurt like hell from the fall. It took a hit from my dresser.
I managed to stand up and get to the loo.Then, I went to the grocery store and my mail box.
Oh, am I ever going to be beautifully colored tomorrow. I'm sore, but whole.
Yefim was here this morning and with a wave of his hand got NHT moving again. Granted he had a screw driver in his hand.
I think it might be a good idea to take all my new aches and pains to bed before I can't.
See? Told you it wasn't an earthquacke!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Lucy, now I understand what you meant about an earthquake. Good grief! I bet you will be your favorite color today. Purple all over.

Your collar bone got disconnected? Now what? What do you do about that?
Lucy, Lucy, you worry me terrible.

Purplegimp said...

Oh, I am indeed gloriously purple today and loving it. The sore spots I'm loving less!
my collar bone is a long story. The short end of it is that after that katyusha knocked me off my motorcycle, after all kinds of nonsense and operations, with platinum plates put in and taken out, the outer end was cut back my 1mm or so and just floats around in there.
Please, don't worry. It's just me being myself.

Anonymous said...

OK Lucy. I see it's just you and thank God you are the way you are. Who else could survive all you've had to and still maintain any iota of sanity never mind keep a sense of humor.

Purplegimp said...

Sanity? Who me? Sane? What an insult, but I'll forgive you this time. I have never ever pretended to be sane or even want to be! Trust me, no sane person would have made it through even half of what I have. Insanity is the most important trait to have to survive this long in my life!