Monday, November 05, 2007

THE ATTACK OF THE MICROWAVE

At least I got a few things done yesterday before the microwave decided to attack me! The paper work for the freaking heart test was sent for approval by the big mucky muck quacks who are paid astronomical salaries to second guess specilists, an appointment was made for a month from today, got called half way to my preffered grocery store to bring in the infamous results that put all this in motion, got the orders for the blood tests I haven't had for almost 2 years(that's a story worthy of it's own post) got the shopping done, got a few bureaucratic solved by phone and fax, completely ignored the computer because I'm feeling more than little distracted and by the time I got the few things not sent home by the delivery guy, was too damned tired to much else other than rest until Dem Der Mainiac got back from his wanderings. As the blood work included chloestrol tests I had to have a 'last meal' by 2100. I put something in the nuker and when it beeped, opened the door and the thing started sliding towards me. The bracket that held it's shelf to the wall had come lose, so there I stood holding at least a ton of nuker and shelf up while yelling for Dem Der Mainiac to help me. I was having visions of being trapped on the floor under the shelf and nuker. Dem Der and I came up with a solution brilliance that should earn us a prestigious prize of some sort. We wrestled the nuker to the hob, tested the shelf which turned out to be just sturdy enough to hold the tray of stuff that was on the feezer under the shelf. So, the tray moved to shelf and the nuker to the freezer top. It will take me a while to get used to the new arrangement but I won't be in danger of any more nuker ambushes!
I just rolled in from getting stuck for the blood tests. The gal who was ahead of me wanted to be stuck in an odd place, then, screamed bloody murder that it hurt. Excuse me, but you asked for it to be done there, so just shut up. Stupid blonde has absolutely no idea of what pain really is! In order to make my favorite nurse feel better about the blonde, I waited until she had the needle in, then asked when she intended to stick me! It really doesn't hurt at all, but then, I have enough pain in other places to mask that little pin prick! After some precision maneuvering I got New Harley Too out of the 'blood room' and picked up the authorization for the big heart test which Dem Der is trying to get a new date for. Between us, we pretty much have hospital where it will be done wired. Actually, he has the hospital wired, and I have the clinic in my pocket! We'll know in a few hours if the heart thing has been moved up. I have a feeling that it will be.
I have a few things to clear up with my credit card company and a whole bunch of minor housekeeping tasks to do. I rather doubt I'll be going out again today, but, you never can tell!

No comments: